This bowl is packed full of flavor and superfoods and only takes 20 minutes to throw together. Blood sugar friendly, it is filling and makes a perfect lunch.
YIN YANG BOWL
1 bunch asparagus
½ bunch dark kale
1 handful raw almonds
1 handful raw cashews
1 cup quinoa
1 cup ramen bone broth/stock
1 tsp. organic soy sauce or coconut aminos
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Rinse quinoa, strain and place in a pot with 1 cup of water or broth (or even half & half). Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
3. In the meantime, cover almonds and cashews in 1 tsp of olive oil and a few pinches of harissa. Place in oven for 20 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
4. Cut asparagus into halves and fry on medium heat for 5-6 minutes until slightly softened.
5. Separate kale from stocks and chop into small pieces. Add 1 tsp of sesame oil and a small pinch of coarse salt and massage into the leaves for a few minutes until they turn shiny, dark and softened.
6. Score avocado, remove pit, then cut into cubes.
7. Mix cooked quinoa, asparagus and kale in a large bowl with soy sauce or coconut aminos. Top with avocado cubes, toasted almonds & cashews and a drizzle of sesame oil.