2 yellow onions, sliced
2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 cans chickpeas, rinced and drained
1 small fist-size of ginger, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. tumeric
1 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. graham masala (sometimes I forget this and it's fine)
1 tbsp. ground coriander
1 cup of water
1 cup of basmati rice
chopped cilantro & 1/2 sliced avocado for garnish/extra magic
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot - add onions and cook until browned, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Add chopped ginger and garlic, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Combine spices with a splash of water and stir to make a paste, then add to onion, garlic ang ginger.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, adding some water if it dries out.
5. Add chickpeas and 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Cook basmati rice separately.
7. Spoon curry over rice and garnish with cilantro and/or avocado slices.