I am typing this one-handed. If you got a baby at home I know you want a one-handed snack that's full of protein, fats and fuel that you can make in 5 minutes. This should last you for about one week, depending on how hangry you are.
Oats and flaxseeds help with breastmilk production//Hemp seeds are high in protein & a complete protein//Flaxseeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and B vitamins - both of which are incredible mood and energy boosters//Raw Cacao is rich in Magnesium and gives serotonin a boost//
INGREDIENTS (adjust it however you like):
- 2-3 handfuls of oats
- A teaspoon or two of raw cacao
- A tablespoon or two of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5-7 medjool dates (other dates are simply gross!). Soak them in a bit of warm water for a couple of minutes, then strain and reserve the water.
- A handful of hemp seeds (buy these at Costco or Bulk Barn, or else you're getting ripped off)
- A handful of ground flaxseeds
- 2-3 heaping tablespoons of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of water (or you can use the water from the soaked dates) poured slowly until the consistency looks like something you can work with.
Mix it all up in a bowl until you get a consistency you can work with. Adjust the ingredients to suit your taste. Roll into bite-sized balls. Finish with a pinch of sea salt (Maldon sea salt is AMAZING if you have it) over the whole batch. Keep in the fridge. Done!